Wednesday, September 4, 2013

MISTER UNO-R 2013 Information Technology — Jimmy Magbanua





OFFICIAL PAGEANT PHOTO
To vote for Jimmy, click the link and follow the mechanics: https://www.facebook.com/CreativeJourney



RANDOM FACTS


Name: JIMMY MAGBANUA

Age: 18 years old

Hometown: Bacolod City, Negros Occidental

Course: BS Information Technology II

College: Information Technology

Country Representing: Dominican Republic

Previous Pageant Title/s: IT King 2012

Tolentine Missosology Ranking:

Mister UNO-R 2013 Placement:



PERSONAL THOUGHTS

Motto:  

“Heath is wealth.” 

Describe yourself: 

I’m a shy type of person but has a strong personality.

What does it mean to be a UNO-Rian?

To be a UNO-Rian is to be one [in heart and mind as members] of the UNO-R community and possesses the values of the University and live them not only in words but also in action.

What is your greatest achievement?

I’m not yet sure if I already achieved the things that I want to have because as a person I don`t have satisfaction and contentment.  But one thing I’m sure of is I cherish every moment that I am experiencing and everything that I have right now.

If there is one event in your life that you want to change, what would it be? Why?

I heard a quote from a friend which encourages me so much and it says, “I am what I am today because of the things that I made yesterday.”  I strongly believe in these words because I will not be who I am today if I change a single moment in my past.

Despite the natural calamities happening in our country, how can you say that it's still more fun in the Philippines?

We can still say that It`s more fun in the Philippines despite of the calamities that happened to our country because the places that attract tourists are still there. And even many calamities will come and destroy all the great places here in Philippines I will still believe that it`s still more fun here because Filipinos can still manage to smile which make us so different from other races.

How does it feel representing your college to the prestigious Mister and Miss UNO-R 2013 Pageant?

I’m very honored and happy to represent our college because I know that not everyone can get this great privilege. And I feel so fortunate.

What are your preparations for this pageant?

I don’t have many preparations because I know that I only need focus and the strength of God that can sustain me. And I will just prepare my heart because I always expect the unexpected.

Among the candidates, who do you think is your best competitor?

I don’t know yet because the real competition will begin on the pageant night. But for now all of them are my best competitors.

What or who motivated to win this pageant?

I want to give honor and glory first of all to God and then, to my college. I think this motivation is enough for me to work with.

What do you think is the relevance/importance of Mister and Miss UNO-R to the academic community?

I think the importance of this pageant is to show that a UNO-Rian is not only good in academic, but also in attitude, in beauty, and character.

If you win the crown, what would be your personal advocacy?

If I win the crown, my personal advocacy is to promote environmental stewardship for our Mother Earth. Nowadays, we experience an extreme rise of the temperature which results from the damage that we cause to our environment. So, as a concern steward I will advocate more [environmental] projects so that we will not suffer in the end.

Why should you be crowned Mister UNO-R 2013

I want to be crowned as Mister UNO-R 2013 because I want to give honor to my college.


Photo Credits: Jimmy’s Facebook Profile Photos


No comments:

Post a Comment