Saturday, September 14, 2013

Confidently Beautiful Miss UNO-R 2013




The new Miss UNO-R 2013 is one of the Top 3 Tolentine Missosology Favorites selected by the six-member panel of online judges. Based from the pre-pageant materials that we have gathered and analyzed, we knew that Ernestine would make it to the top spot. In fact, she ranked high in the facial beauty and interview part in the online judging of Tolentine Missosology.

And she indeed never disappointed us with her excellent performance on stage all throughout the Pageant and Coronation Night. From the moment Ernestine appeared on stage until the end of the show, she emerged so fierce, stunning, confident and determined to bring home the crown. She had been the consistent favorite of the screaming crowd in almost all parts of the pageant. Her facial beauty, elegance and wit could not just be simply ignored. I think if there is one candidate that night that radiated the aura of UNO-Rian beauty, grace and spirit that must be Ernestine.

Looking back, I recalled what Ernestine answered to the pre-pageant interview question, Why should you be crowned Miss UNO-R 2013? She humbly said, “I won't say that I have the looks and the wit as my key in winning the pageant because I believe that all of us candidates have those qualities. But instead, I'll say my faith in God will help me win the crown and my advocacy to make the youth be reminded to stand tall, stay strong and be better will be my very reason to win this competition.”


Indeed, it was both her faith and fate that brought her to the top. She is destined by God’s grace, I believe, to emerge as the most beautiful girl in the University. After the almost three-hour show, Ernestine bested seven other candidates as the newly declared Miss UNO-R 2013. From that crowning moment, she was also inducted forever into the prestigious roster of UNO-R Icons of Timeless Beauty.

The Tolentine Missosology is very grateful to Ernestine Lavilla for positively responding to our requests for an exclusive interview and photo shoot with her. Just two days after she was crowned as Miss UNO-R 2013, the Tolentine Missosologist team of photographers brought her to Nature’s Village in Talisay City for a two-hour photo shoot which will accompany her first feature-interview for the Tolentine Missosology.

And without much ado, here’s Miss UNO-R 2013 Ernestine Lavilla of the College of Education with her first exclusive interview and photos. The newly-crowned beauty queen will talk about her Mister and Miss UNO-R 2013 experience.


 How do you feel now that you are the new Miss UNO-R 2013?

First day felt like the fact haven't sink in yet but I came to be more careful and responsible with my actions and realize that now I need to really change and serve as a model to all UNO-Rians.

Did you expect to win the Miss UNO-R 2013 title?

I set my goals before having the title. I said to myself that I'll really try my best to get a spot in the Top 3 finalists. When I did, I put in mind what I really wanted—to bag the title. It was unexpected of course. It was really all through God and His ways I was able to win it.

Can you share to us more your answer to the final question, “If you’re given a chance to suggest a theme for next year’s University Week Celebration, what would it be?”

“You are the cradle of excellence. Start the change."

To change is not easy but it could be possible if each one of us will make it happen. First is to adopt good characteristics and optimism within ourselves that will also help others and inspire to be better. In mind, we will be more productive individuals who will mirror not just a UNO-Rian but a Filipino as well. In heart, we came to serve others, develop good attitude within us and in soul, a whole person who considers God as his center.


 How can you link Mister and Miss UNO-R 2013 Pageant with the theme of the U-Week 2013 Celebration, “Reliving Faith: Renew, Redefine, Revitalize?”

Let us not just think that the prestige pageant is just a showcase of beautiful men and women. My clear vision of it is a search for deserving pairs who will mirror a true UNO-Rian. Let us RENEW that vision, REDEFINE its purpose and REVITALIZE its meaning as we consider our Faith as a Christian community.

What memories (challenging and inspiring moments) do you treasure most from Mister and Miss UNO-R 2013 Pageant?

During rehearsals all candidates never treated each other like competitors. We were more of brothers and sisters. We cared, laughed, and complement each other. I could say this made the event successful. Our relationship is strong that I'll never forget them.


 Now, who do you think was your best competitor?

The competition is really between you and yourself. It's not about what others can do but what can you do best. I always put that in mind.

If ever you did not join the pageant, who among the candidates were your bets for Mister and Miss UNO-R 2013 titles?

Maybe, whoever will be the candidates of my college Haha! They were all really good contenders. They all have the beauty and wit.

[But in reference to the recent pageant], I will choose Nilsey since I always see her as a woman with grace and poise and also Juddson who is really good looking on stage.


 What do you think greatly contributed a lot in your winning the title?

I will really put God first on the list. He made all of this possible. Next would be my family, their overwhelming support and encouragement made me stronger. Third, it would be my College, our Governor Christian Miran, our council advisers Ms. Nona Garcia and Sir Tepino, the faculty and staff of CoEd, all their hardwork and support made me do my best.

How will Miss UNO-R 2013 spend her entire reign?

As of now, I'd like to be an example to UNO-Rians. Be a good model and advocate of change. I'm waiting also for the contract the UNORSSGO had allotted to us winners. But as much as possible I'd like to spend my reign memorable and useful for the betterment of the institution.

Maybe, [I will organize] activities like team building that will let UNO-Rians exercise their talents and test their characters and personality as well.



What suggestions do you have to improve Mister and Miss UNO-R 2014 Pageant?

Exercise professionalism to all organizers and candidates as well. For me, the pageant will always be successful through everybody's participation, commitment and dedication.

By the way, many are asking if you are into a romantic relationship right now.

My parents don’t really allow us, sisters to be in a [romantic] relationship. They’d rather want us to focus on our studies though indi ta gid malikawan mga suitors. Haha! 



If ever there’s one daring guy who will pursue you, what will you do?

I really don't think too much about it sir. Haha! I think I'd rather focus on my academics.


Your final words…

To the College of Education, thank you for the trust. I give the pride and honor to your hard work and sacrifices.

To UNO-R, I will always put in mind the responsibility and duties you've handed me. Thank you.



Thank you, Ernestine. You're such an intelligent, beautiful and humble woman. God bless you and your reign as Miss UNO-R 2013.

For more interesting information about Miss UNO-R 2013 Ernestine Lavilla, click the link below:


Photo Credits: Joselito Labrador Jr., RJ Amparo and Ricky Noel Diancin Jr.



For more photos of Mister and Miss UNO-R 2013 Pageant, click this link:





No comments:

Post a Comment