Thursday, September 5, 2013

MISTER UNO-R 2013 Criminal Justice Education — Ramon Guarra Jr.




OFFICIAL PAGEANT PHOTO
To vote for Ramon, click the link and follow the mechanics: https://www.facebook.com/CreativeJourney



RANDOM FACTS

Name: RAMON GUARRA, JR.

Age: 19 years old

Hometown: Bacolod City, Negros Occidental

Course: BS Criminology III

College: Criminal Justice Education

Country Representing: Russia

Previous Pageant Title/s: Mister Criminology 2013

Tolentine Missosology Ranking:

Mister UNO-R 2013 Placement:


PERSONAL THOUGHTS

Motto:

“Be never afraid to take a risk."

Describe yourself:

I am tall, dark adventurous and handsome. 

What does it mean to be a UNO-Rian?

UNO-R is said to be the cradle of excellence and that statement best defines what a UNO-Rian is. We, UNO-Rians, are handlers or carriers of excellence in our chosen field. And unlike other schools, we prefer quality over quantity.

What is your greatest achievement?

My greatest achievement so far would be joining this prestigious competition because this would give me a chance to prove to all the people who underestimated Criminology students, that we are much better than they think. And I desperately eager want this to happen by winning this competition.

If there is one event in your life that you want to change, what would it be? Why?

There is no event in my past that I would like to change because without all those experiences in my life, maybe I would not be here and taking this chance to prove to all people who underestimate Criminology students, that we are way much better than they expect.

Despite the natural calamities happening in our country, how can you say that it's still more fun in the Philippines?

Definitely, it is still more fun in the Philippines because in my own perception, calamities here in our country have been part of the lives of Filipinos. Compared to other countries, we can move on fast through unity.

How does it feel representing your college to the prestigious Mister and Miss UNO-R 2013 Pageant?

It feels extremely incredible because for the past three years that I’ve been here in UNO-R, I never see our college winning this prestigious competition and now I would like to do it myself. It feels really good to give honor to my college.

What are your preparations for this pageant?

If I will rate my preparations for this pageant from one to ten, it would be 9.99% because a lot of things that I never think that I would never do in my life have been done. These include practicing dance steps for the production number in my room, enhancing my English speaking skills, searching possible questions for this pageant and try to answer them. I know that for some these things might be simple but for me they are really tough things to do. The college council has been providing a lot of help to me for the necessary things that I need.

Among the candidates, who do you think is your best competitor?

That would be Mister Engineering because he is a former UNO-RSSGO President. He is one of the students whom I admire because many students respect him a lot, and now I amcompeting with him. But it feels really good knowing that I have a chance to beat him.

What or who motivated to win this pageant?

Actually, the first one to motivate me to win this pageant is our Dean Jasmin Parreño. Among the people around me, she is the one who encouraged me to join this prestigious competition, and I could not fail her no matter what. But the ones who really boost my motivation is the people who underestimate me, criticize my capability and do not believe in me. All that they say make me much stronger and motivate me to win this competition.

What do you think is the relevance/importance of Mister and Miss UNO-R to the academic community?

Mister and Miss UNO-R help our University promote the talents and skills of students, even the uniqueness of each of us.

If you win the crown, what would be your personal advocacy?

That would be to develop students’ empowerment.

Why should you be crowned Miss UNO-R 2013?

I should be crowned Mister UNO-R 2013 because among all the candidates, I know that I’m the only one who is not aiming to become famous. All I really want is to change the impression of other colleges here in the University that we Criminology students are way much better than they think we are. And winning this pageant is one way to do it.

Photo Credits: Tolentine Missosology’s Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment