Monday, September 2, 2013

MISTER UNO-R 2013 Engineering — Bobb Michael Bokingo





OFFICIAL PAGEANT PHOTO
To vote for Bobb, click the link and follow the mechanics: https://www.facebook.com/CreativeJourney


RANDOM FACTS

Name: BOBB MICHAEL BOKINGO

Age: 20 years old

Hometown: Bacolod City, Negros Occidental

Course: BS Mechanical Engineering V

College: Engineering

Country Representing: Thailand

Previous Pageant Title/s:

Tolentine Missosology Ranking:

Mister UNO-R 2013 Placement:


PERSONAL THOUGHTS

Motto:

"You cannot give what you don’t have."

Describe yourself:

Young, Tall and Free

What does it mean to be a UNO-Rian?

We can call ourselves UNO-R students, but only few were really true bloodied UNO-Rians. Because being a UNO-Rian is not about being just a typical student who enrolled a regular load this academic year. It is more of a commitment towards excellence. A UNO-Rian student shares the vision and mission of the University. A true bloodied UNO-Rian imparts the core values of the university without hesitations to his daily lives. If we have these qualities, then with pride, we could have that TATAK REKOLETO identity. That is when we could truly say, that we are indeed a true UNO-Rian.

What is your greatest achievement?

One of my greatest achievements in life is to have productive college years. From the first year until now, I have involved myself in different activities and organizations in which I have helped others by sharing my knowledge and expertise in different fields. In return, these activities and organizations helped me a lot in boosting my potentials and educate me different values. And these values I have learned from my experiences in college for me, is the greatest achievement that money could never pay.

If there is one event in your life that you want to change, what would it be? Why?

To be honest, there are too many things that I have regretted. If I have committed something wrong, I really want to return to that time when I have committed it. But in the long run, I always realize my mistakes and eventually learn from them. My answer would probably “NONE”. I will never change a thing in the past because it has been a big part for me in realizing big things that in one point or another have brought positive change and outlook in my life. I would never be Bobb of today without those things in the past.

Despite the natural calamities happening in our country, how can you say that it's still more fun in the Philippines?

We cannot deny the fact that calamities, especially natural calamities are just there, and most of them are uncontrollable. I believe that despite those phenomena, it is still more fun in the Philippines because despite those natural calamities, we cannot remove the smile on the faces of each Filipinos. In times of typhoons, earthquakes and even volcanic eruptions, we, Filipinos, do not mind the danger of those circumstances and still manage to have that “bayanihan” attitude with the smile on our faces. As a conclusion, the tagline “It’s more fun in the Philippines” is not just about the beautiful sceneries and climate in our country, but most importantly, it is about the sweet and nice attitude of us Filipinos most especially when test of faith do come.

How does it feel representing your college to the prestigious Mister and Miss UNO-R 2013 Pageant?

At first, I was really shocked when they informed me that I was chosen as the candidate knowing that there are too many eligible candidates in the college. I was overwhelmed by their trust really. Siguro, another exciting challenge para sakun ang Mister and Miss UNO-R. hehe

What are your preparations for this pageant?

I haven’t yet really prepared pa gid for the competitions as of now because of some other responsibilities knowing that may exams pa this week. I just include the competition sa akun prayers nga tani it would brought me new learning and values.

Among the candidates, who do you think is your best competitor?

Actually, I haven’t yet met all the candidates of the pageant. Yes I know some, but maybe, all of them are my best competitors. They have been chosen meticulously by their college, that is why, they have all what it takes to be the next Mister UNO-R. It is just up to the judges to decide.

What or who motivated to win this pageant?

The best motivation for me to win this pageant is the support, trust and confidence of my college to me. They have been my inspiration to strive for excellence and win the crown.

What do you think is the relevance/importance of Mister and Miss UNO-R to the academic community?

 Aside from being a tradition of the University to have this one of a kind prestigious pageant every University Week, this pageant will give students a lesson that amidst of the academic pressures and responsibilities that a student encounters in his academic life, it is really still possible to involve himself in different social activities that will really boost up his sense of awareness. Student leaders, candidates and the organizers of this competition are the models of this value.

If you win the crown, what would be your personal advocacy?

I want to focus on environment since it has been one of my central advocacies when I am still in the student government. Environment is where we get our basic needs in order to survive. But sad to say, it has been an undeniable fact that the environment right now is in the critical stage where our resources are depleting rapidly. And I believe that through citizen’s environmental awareness and concrete plans of action in mitigating the causes of pollution and environmental deterioration will help minimize the effect of climate change.

Why should you be crowned Mister UNO-R 2013?

One reason I think that I should win as Mister UNO-R 2013 is to be a model and a living testimony to relive the true meaning of what it should really be to become the Mister UNO-R. Because I believe that being Mister UNO-R is not about the name, it’s not about the title, it’s not just about showcasing the beauties, talents and brains of a UNO-Rian, but most importantly, it is about responsibility. Responsibility of being a model, and in one point or another, an agent of change that would brought about positive results not just in four corners of UNO-R campus but most especially, to the community where one belongs.

Photo Credits: Bobb’s Facebook Profile Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment