Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mister and Miss READS 2013 —Team Red Raven




Tolentine Missosology is an online blog for UNO-Recoletos Beauty Pageants.  Its main objective is to promote and offer the latest interesting information related to the pageant activities of the University as well as major international beauty pageants

The Tolentine Missosology is coming out with a special coverage of Mister and Miss READS (Recoletos Educational Assistance for Deserving Students) 2013. Days leading to the Pageant and Coronation Night, Tolentine Missosology will release exciting information and photos of all candidates representing their respective teams.

A panel of online judges will handpick Mister and Miss Tolentine Missosology READS 2013 based on the available official photos, talent and costume presentation and written interview published in the blog. Results will be published in Tolentine Missosology Leaderboard days before the pageant night.

Tolentine Missosology officially presents the Team Red Raven.





A. RANDOM FACTS

Name: ALLEN REY SILVA

Age: 16 years old

Height: 5’5

Hometown: Bacolod City

Course and Year: BS Civil Engineering I

Team: Red Raven

Team Element: Fire

Hobbies: Listening to music

Previous Pageant Experience: None


B. PERSONAL THOUGHTS

Personal Motto: “Kung ayaw may dahilan, Kung gusto palaging merong paraan.”

Describe yourself: Simple and humble

Why did you choose UNO-R as your school?

Simply because, UNO-R for me is the best. I also want to improve myself as I journey to the cradle of excellence.

What is your favorite place in UNO-R? Why?

My favorite place in UNO-R is at the Adoration Chapel because this is the place where I always pray and talk to God.

What subjects do you find challenging? Why?

I find Trigonometry a very challenging subject because to pass this subject we need a lot of understanding and patience.

Do you agree that in love, age doesn’t matter? Why or Why not?

Age doesn’t matter as long as both of you are in the right time and situation.

Do you think the corruption in the Philippine government will end if the pork barrel system is totally abolished? Why or Why not?

Ending the pork barrel system will not solve corruption cases in our country. For me, corruption starts from the government officials themselves and not because of our government system. We should instead get rid of our unworthy officials and not our government projects.

Do you believe that READS scholars should refrain from joining student protests against tuition fee increase?

As READS scholars we should refrain from joining these protests. Why should we protests? Do we pay for our tuition fees? UNO-R has been helping deserving students for years. We should not question the tuition fee increase instead we should be thankful to be given an opportunity to continue our study in this university.

How do you describe a READS scholar?

A READS scholar should be responsible in their actions. We are models of our school and we should maintain a good image.

What do you think are the most important qualities that READ scholars should possess?

A READS scholar should be God-fearing and responsible.

What are your most challenging experiences as a READ scholar?

As a working student I cannot deny that working while studying is very hard. After classes you still have to rush to your office for duty. For me, that is my challenge, a challenge to manage my time very wisely.

How does it feel representing your group to the Mister and Miss READS 2013 Pageant?

Representing the Red Ravens to the Mister and Miss READS 2013 makes me feel pressured yet very happy to have this very amazing and once in a lifetime opportunity to prove to everybody that a READS scholar has something to be proud of.

Why should you be crowned Mister/Miss READS 2013?

I believe that I am worthy to be crowned Mister READS 2013 not just for me but for the Red Ravens. My groupmates showed a lot of effort and support for this activity. It’s time for me now to give back and win the title, Mister READS 2013.

If you win the crown, what would be your personal advocacy as a READS scholar?

If I win the crown I would do my best to help, support and promote the scholarship’s aim that a READS scholar should have high grades. As scholars, we should not only showcase our talents and skills but also excel academically.

Your short message to all UNO-R READS scholars…

To all my fellow READS scholars, never give up on every challenge life offers. It’s an opportunity for us to show that even though we have big problems we can still overcome all of these with the help of God. One goal, one team, one family… TATAK READS! TATAK REKOLETO!





A. RANDOM FACTS

Name: JEANERY P. TAGASLING

Age: 17 years old

Height: 5’1

Hometown: Bacolod City

Course and Year: BS Accountancy I

Team: Red Raven

Team Element: Fire

Hobbies: Reading books

Previous Pageant Experience: Mister and Miss Alkhemian Knights, Miss United Nations, Mister and Miss Intrams


B. PERSONAL THOUGHTS

Personal Motto: “Perseverance is the hardwork you do after doing the hardwork you already did.”

Describe yourself: Loving, sweet, kind hearted, and sometimes mean

Why did you choose UNO-R as your school?

I choose UNO-R as my school because I know that my future lies in this school and I want to be part of it’s excellence. And I know that this school has the capability to enhance my knowledge in all aspects specially my course that I am taking. And also because of the scholarship program.

What is your favorite place in UNO-R? Why?

My favorite place in UNO-R is at the Adoration Chapel because this is the place where we can freely talk to and become closer to God. Every time I enter this place I can always feel the solemnity of the place and comfort I need.

What subjects do you find challenging? Why?

The subject that challenged me most is the PRACPS my major subject because if I cannot pass this particular subject, I cannot reach my dream to become a CPA. I’m not saying that minor subjects are easy because I know that every subject has its own level of difficulties, and it has proven that minor subjects should not be taken for granted.

Do you agree that in love, age doesn’t matter? Why or Why not?

Yes, I do because in love we do not measure anything and should not require anything. We can never condemn a person for falling in love with someone who’s older or younger since in love everything and everyone is fair just like the love of our creator. As stated in the scriptures, “Love is kind, love is pure, it is not proud, it is not rude, it does not envy, it does not boast, it keeps no records of wrongs, it does not rejoice on evil.

Do you think the corruption in the Philippine government will end if the pork barrel system is totally abolished? Why or Why not?

No, since corruption is rooted in oneself already. The only way we can abolish corruption is to start the change within ourselves, contentment and discipline should be given much attention by an individual, since man is rational and is often prone to temptations and as long as an individual could not fight the urge of being tempted into something, corruption will always arise.

Do you believe that READS scholars should refrain from joining student protests against tuition fee increase?

We are in a democratic country and thus, we are entitled of our rights. If students would join protests against tuition fee increase they are just voicing out their opinions regarding the issue. But as a READS scholar I would be in favor in refraining from joining this protest. For I would give much value to the word “DESERVING”. I know I have the qualities that’s why I have been qualified as a scholar.

How do you describe a READS scholar?

A READS scholar for me should be someone who is a well maintained and a disciplined student, someone who is empowered and helps empowering fellow students for their betterment, someone who does not always lead because sometimes leaders may become bossy but rather someone who sets as a good example to everyone, And above all someone who is God-fearing and sets God as the center of his life.

What do you think are the most important qualities that READ scholars should possess?

First, a READS scholar should be a good example to his/her fellow READS. Second is being disciplined, for being disciplined is always the core of success. Third and the most important is being God-fearing because setting God as the center of your well-being makes you a better person following his rules makes you live your life fruitfully.

What are your most challenging experiences as a READ scholar?

The most challenging experience for as a READS is how to manage my time because studying while working is not an easy task. You should really know how to make use of your time without wasting it.

How does it feel representing your group to the Mister and Miss READS 2013 Pageant?

It always feels good to be chosen among others to represent the group of course. I feel honored and privileged.

Why should you be crowned Miss READS 2013?

I should be crowned as Miss READS 2013, for I know I have what it takes to be one. I have the beauty, the brain and the heart to influence others.

If you win the crown, what would be your personal advocacy as a READS scholar?

I would promote peace and unity among students. I would help develop camaraderie among the studentry since we could not deny the fact that faction within classes or groups are always present. We should always bear in mind that we are within one institution, that we maybe in different courses and colleges, but still we are UNO-Rians and we should be one.

Your short message to all UNO-R READS scholars…

Life is a battlefield. We may encounter lots of problems in our lives. Just persevere. I know that we are born to be brave, to persist in spite of discouragements, hindrances, and impossibilities in life. Just stay strong because God will never let us fall.






Click the links below to see other Mister and Miss READS 2013 candidates from other teams:








No comments:

Post a Comment