Monday, November 11, 2013

Mister and Miss READS 2013 —Team Gold Griffin



Tolentine Missosology is an online blog for UNO-Recoletos Beauty Pageants.  Its main objective is to promote and offer the latest interesting information related to the pageant activities of the University as well as major international beauty pageants

The Tolentine Missosology is coming out with a special coverage of Mister and Miss READS (Recoletos Educational Assistance for Deserving Students) 2013. Days leading to the Pageant and Coronation Night, Tolentine Missosology will release exciting information and photos of all candidates representing their respective teams.

A panel of online judges will handpick Mister and Miss Tolentine Missosology READS 2013 based on the available official photos, talent and costume presentation and written interview published in the blog. Results will be published in Tolentine Missosology Leaderboard days before the pageant night.

Tolentine Missosology officially presents the Team Gold Griffin.

 
A. RANDOM FACTS

Name: NEO JOHN M. SAISON

Age: 20 years old

Height: 5’8 1/2

Hometown: Brgy. Estefania, Bacolod City

Course and Year: BS in Information Technology II

Team: Gold Griffin

Team Element: Lightning

Hobbies: Reading, Athletics, Basketball, Volleyball, Playing Computer, Programming, Drawing

Previous Pageant Experience: None


B. PERSONAL THOUGHTS

Personal Motto:

“There is more to life than love.”

Describe yourself:

Tall, dark, medyo bad boy

Why did you choose UNO-R as your school?

My mother is an alumna of this University.

What is your favorite place in UNO-R? Why?

My favorite place in UNO-R is the College of Information Technology. It is where I learned all the lessons in my course and the things that I know of today.

What subjects do you find challenging? Why?

Math, I always keep in mind what my teacher, Mr. Donasco, said: “Math is not hard, it’s challenging.”

Do you agree that in love, age doesn’t matter? Why or Why not?

Yes, because age does not define love and it can’t measure the depth of the word. In love, it’s the feelings that matter most.

Do you think the corruption in the Philippine government will end if the pork barrel system?

I have no concrete idea about the Pork Barrel; all I know is that money of the people should be kept by good hands.

Do you believe that READS scholars should refrain from joining student protests against tuition fee increase?

READS scholars should refrain from joining student protests against tuition fee increase because we are part of the school. We must understand and believe that the administrators of this University have good intentions in making such decisions.

How do you describe a READS scholar?

READS scholars are one of the pillars of UNO-R.

What do you think are the most important qualities that READ scholars should possess?

Patience, loyalty, respect and love

What are your most challenging experiences as a READ scholar?

The most challenging experience I had as a READS scholar was the time when I was accused of doing something I didn’t do and staying strong and firm during those hard times.

How does it feel representing your group to the Mister and Miss READS 2013 Pageant?

I feel happy but scared because it’s my first time to join a pageant.

Why should you be crowned Mister/Miss READS 2013?

I should be crowned as Mister READS 2013 because I know myself that I can perform with the best of my abilities with the help and support of my group mates especially my chairman.

If you win the crown, what would be your personal advocacy as a READS scholar?

If I win the crown, my personal advocacy is valuing humility despite the great things you achieve.

Your short message to all UNO-R READS scholars…

Life is a race, if you don’t run fast you’ll be the last, but even if you’re the last, as long as you finish the race, it doesn’t matter if you lose.




A. RANDOM FACTS

Name: MARY ANGELINE F. BERMOY

Age: 17 years old

Height: 5’5

Hometown: San Carlos City, Negros Occidental

Course and Year: BS in Civil Engineering II

Team: Gold Griffin

Team Element: Lightning

Hobbies: Playing guitar

Previous Pageant Experience: None


B. PERSONAL THOUGHTS

Personal Motto:

“Whatever happens, just relax and manage to smile because life is not a problem to solve but God’s gift to enjoy.”

Describe yourself:

I’m a simple person with a pure heart who fears God and loves life.

Why did you choose UNO-R as your school?

I chose UNO-R as my school because this university molds globally competitive engineers and they shape students spiritually, mentally, physically, socially and emotionally. I believe that with their guiding hands, they can help me become the person I want to be in the future.

What is your favorite place in UNO-R? Why?

My favorite place in UNO-R is the Engineering machine shop because it is where I found a family in the form of my co-READS and office heads. It is also where I can fully express myself and be who I am.

What subjects do you find challenging? Why?

The subjects I find challenging are my major subjects such as physics, trigonometry, algebra and the like because it is not just about memorizing facts but it’s a true battle of logic and reasoning. Through these subjects, I am trained to sharpen my mind and find the best solution to the problems that are presented to us.

Do you agree that in love, age doesn’t matter? Why or Why not?

I agree that in love, age doesn’t matter because it is not the age that defines maturity but it’s the ability of an individual to handle relationships and to make right decisions.

Do you think the corruption in the Philippine government will end if the pork barrel system is totally abolished? Why or Why not?

Pork barrel abolition will not totally end the corruption in the corruption in our country but it can minimize the present crisis, for pork barrel system is just one of the many ways of stealing money from the people. As long as there are selfish people in our government, corruption will not stop.

Do you believe that READS scholars should refrain from joining student protests against tuition fee increase?

I believe that READS scholar should refrain from joining student protests against tuition fee increase because we are part of the administration and that we should maintain loyalty to the school. As part of this community, I also believe that the tuition fee increase do have its positive effect to the welfare of the students. We should understand as scholars that the university would not impose such decision without appropriate reason.

How do you describe a READS scholar?

READS scholars are deserving students who possess talents, knowledge and pure hearts and are willing to serve without thinking for a prize in return.

What do you think are the most important qualities that READ scholars should possess?

READS scholar must be God-fearing, honest, open-minded and responsible for I believed that with these, it is easy to overcome problems and to socialize with other people.

What are your most challenging experiences as a READ scholar?

I have lots of first times when I became a READS scholar but representing our group in the Mr. and Ms. READS 2013 pageant is the most challenging experience that I can consider because it is not just a competition of beauty and brains but an exploration of my own capacity and ability to show what I’ve got as a human and a person created by God.

How does it feel representing your group to the Mister and Miss READS 2013 Pageant?

Honestly, I feel nervous for this is my first time to join a pageant but at the same time, I am challenged to do my best in every way I can because of the trust and support given by my family, friends and group mates on me.

Why should you be crowned Mister/Miss READS 2013?

I should be crowned as Miss READS 2013 because even though I’m just a newbie, I can prove to everyone that I can be a role model to my fellow students that possess true recollect values and a character that inspire other people.

If you win the crown, what would be your personal advocacy as a READS scholar?

Camaraderie between the READS scholars will be my personal advocacy if I win the crown because how much knowledgeable a person can be, if he/she don’t know how to socialize with his co-workers, he will not be successful in everything he/does.

Your short message to all UNO-R READS scholars…

Being a READS scholar is not an easy job to do but let’s always remember that this is our stepping stone to our dreams and that God is always there to carry us if ever we’re getting tired so always keep the faith on Him and don’t be afraid to try new things because He is always there. God bless!




Click the links below to see other Mister and Miss READS 2013 candidates from other teams:











No comments:

Post a Comment