Monday, November 11, 2013

Mister and Miss READS 2013 —Team Blue Eagles






Tolentine Missosology is an online blog for UNO-Recoletos Beauty Pageants. It covers the latest interesting information and fearless forecasts related to the pageant activities of the University as well as major international beauty pageants.

For the first time, Tolentine Missosology is coming out with a special coverage of Mister and Miss READS (Recoletos Educational Assistance for Deserving Students) 2013. Days leading to the Pageant and Coronation Night, Tolentine Missosology will release exciting information and photos of all candidates representing their respective teams.

A panel of online judges will handpick Mister and Miss Tolentine Missosology READS 2013 based on the available official photos, talent and costume presentation and written interview published in the blog.

Results will be published in Tolentine Missosology Leaderboard days before the pageant night.

Tolentine Missosology officially presents the Team Blue Eagle.


A. RANDOM FACTS

Name: DAVE MARK P. SUMAGAYSAY

Age: 17 years old

Height: 5’8

Hometown: Bacolod City

Course and Year: BS Accountancy I

Team Color: Blue Water

Team Element: Blue Eagle

Previous Pageant Experience: None


B. PERSONAL THOUGHTS

Personal Motto:

“Be the best, aim for the best and do not settle for anything less.”

Describe Yourself:

I am a humorous person, sensitive of what others feel and responsible because I can do my task vigorously, and I tend to support myself and my family in line with my education by being a READS Scholar in this university. I believe that I am a persevering person and dedicated to my studies. I am also a God-fearing individual who believes that nothing is impossible through Him.

Why did you choose UNO-R as your school?

I was motivated to study here in UNO-R because, first of all, my sister graduated here, and now she is a professional licensed accountant and I, therefore, proved that the graduates of UNO-R are competent to face the real world. So, I entrust my education here because I believe that UNO-R will bring out the best in me not just in my intellectual capabilities but also in my spiritual life.

What is your favorite place in UNO-R? Why?

My favorite place in UNO-R is the Adoration Chapel, because every time I conjure a prayer I am entrusting myself to Him. In the Adoration Chapel, I believe that God is hearing out my problems and I feel the comfort while talking to Him. In that way I can meditate and renew myself so that I can think well and do my duties very well.

What subjects do you find challenging? Why?

The subject that is challenging is Algebra. At first, I really like math because it tickles our mind and it widens our IQ, but in the latter part Algebra didn’t love me back. Yet, this is not the end of time; rather it could be the beginning for me to embrace the adversity of Math.

Do you agree that in love, age doesn’t matter? Why or Why not?

For me age doesn’t matter. Love is not about loving someone who’s older or younger than you. However, love is never a mistake as long as you are ready to commit yourself to take the part of loving that person.

Do you think the corruption in the Philippine government will end if the pork barrel system is totally abolished? Why or Why not?

I believe that the corruption in the Philippines will not end even if the pork barrel will be abolished. As long as we have those arrogant, insensitive and self-centered people who keep on getting the funds for their personal interests, this country will never prosper.

Do you believe that READS scholars should refrain from joining student protests against tuition fee increase?

Yes. READS scholars should refrain from joining student protests against tuition fee increase because we are not paying our tuition fees and we are supported by the school that’s why we are enjoying the full scholarships. We should just focus on how to be efficient on our duties and responsibilities for the wellness and comfort of the students of UNO-R.

How do you describe a READS scholar?

READS Scholars are very persevering, industrious and trustworthy. They are responsible enough to manage their time in terms of their classes and duties.

What do you think are the most important qualities that READ scholars should possess?

The most important qualities that READS Scholars should possess are being responsible, efficient, reliable and patient.

What are your most challenging experiences as a READ scholar?

My most challenging experience as a READS Scholar is when I undergo my training here in BIOCHEM Department because I need to be memorize all the apparatus and equipment, and other stuffs inside the Lab and of course I need to be skillful on how to mix chemicals and media for the experiments. It is very challenging on my part because I am an Accountancy student and dreaming of being a businessman not a scientist.

How does it feel representing your group to the Mister and Miss READS 2013 Pageant?

I am overwhelmed and proud. I just hope I will not disappoint them and I hope that I can pay back the trust that they gave to me.

Why should you be crowned Mister/Miss READS 2013?

I should be crowned as a Mister READS 2013 because I believe that I can speak and I can show the true meaning of being a READS scholar is and being a UNO-Rian.

If you win the crown, what would be your personal advocacy as a READS scholar?

If ever I won the crown of being a Mr. READS 2013, my advocacy is to help those who are less fortunate children, because like us, they are experiencing starvation and poverty, so if all of us will lend a hand to help them, maybe even in just a while we can put a smile on their face and let them feel that they are loved.

Your short message to all UNO-R READS scholars…

To all UNO-R READS Scholars, I want to say that, we should not stop dreaming. Let’s strive hard for our future and we should always bear in mind that no matter how big the adversities and obstacles that may hinder on our way, we will never give up. If we stumble, get up and be counted. We should always believe in ourselves and in God.






A. RANDOM FACTS

Name: SARAH THERESE P. JARDENIL

Age: 16 years old

Height: 5’4

Hometown: Bacolod City

Course and Year: BSED- SPEd I

Team Color and Element: Blue Water

Hobbies: Reading books, eating, playing the guitar

Previous Pageant Experience: None


B. PERSONAL THOUGHTS

Personal Motto:

“Sometimes we are lost, sometimes we are found. It depends on us if we choose the right thing.”

Describe yourself:

Tall, always smiling, conservative but “wala huya man,” talkative

Why did you choose UNO-R as your school?

I have chosen UNO-R as my school because I have seen that its environment reflects simplicity. Since the very first time I set foot in UNO-R, I became attached with the cool and comfortable places which prolonged my stay up until now.

What is your favorite place in UNO-R? Why?

My favorite place is the UNO-R Park because it gives me a feeling of being at home. This is the very first place I made friends and bonded with people whom I barely know. It is also a place where anyone can chill and watch passers-by come and go while enjoying the shade and coolness of the trees.

What subject do you find challenging? Why?

I find Math very challenging. I was never a math geek ever since I was in grade school. But every day I am learning and I am opening myself up to formulas and equations and it is every bit of fun. Indeed life is never that challenging without math.

Do you agree that in love, age doesn’t matter? Why or Why not?

Yes. Love has never set limitations and it doesn’t have any rules about age. When we love someone, we love them because of who they are and what they are not. We wouldn’t base our love in age or in anything else.

Do you think the corruption in the Philippine government will end if the pork barrel system is totally abolished? Why or Why not?

No. Even before the pork barrel system made headlines, the Philippines is already experiencing corruption. If we would dig through research about the PDAF, it is actually for the Filipinos. What made it look worse are the people above and the corruption that is already present in our country.

Do you believe that READS scholars should refrain from joining student protests against tuition fee increase?

Yes. We, READS scholars, should not join student protests against tuition fee increase because we are under the administration and we are assisting the offices as if we are employees. It is UNO-R itself that gave us this scholarship. There is no reason that we should protest against it.

How do you describe a READS scholar?

A READS scholar is responsible, ethical, alert, disciplined, and spontaneous. READS Scholars are model students of UNO-R. We give out our best in both worlds: being a student and a student assistant. We may not be all of what is mentioned, but we learn and try to be that little by little.

What do you think are the most important qualities that READS scholars should possess?

READS Scholars should have humility and a positive self-concept. It is not because we get to be part of the administration and have discounts in our tuition fees that we need to boast anything. Also a positive self-concept is important because we need to have belief in ourselves that we can survive being a working student and be confident enough to set an example to other students.

What are your most challenging experiences as a READ scholar?

Every day is a challenging experience because I get to be in a new and different situation where I commit mistakes and learn. Being a READS scholar means embracing everyday as a challenge and as a chance to become a better person. And as far as today, I have overcome a lot of challenges.

How does it feel representing your group to the Mister and Miss READS 2013 Pageant?

The first thing that came to my mind was “why me?” I am never that confident in pageants and facing so many people. But then, I find it fun and exciting because I am doing something I’ve never done before. Yes there may be a little pressure, but right now I’m just enjoying the moment.

Why should you be crowned Mister/Miss READS 2013?

From the very first time we started doing photo shoots for this pageant, I never considered it as a competition. Instead, I see it as a way to build friendships with everybody. So whether I win, or I lose it doesn’t matter. I already feel like I am crowned Ms. READS because of what it has given me.

If you win the crown, what would be your personal advocacy as a READS scholar?

My personal advocacy would be to continue being a READS scholar and set an example to the students to be diligent in their studies and work hard for it. Being a READS scholar isn’t easy yet we are able to carry on. And having a crown that reflects being hailed as someone means that I should set an example.

Your short message to all UNO-R READS scholars…

I am very proud to be part of the READS family and I know so are you. Being a READS means accepting a challenge. As students, it is not our environment to be an office but that is our advantage. We are expected to do something that will help us develop into individuals that will be ready for the world. And at the same time, we enjoy the feeling of being in a closed-knit family. Let us savor the moment and learn from everything we do. Kudos to us!







Click the links below to see other Mister and Miss READS 2013 candidates from other teams:













No comments:

Post a Comment