Friday, March 21, 2014

Ashraf shares about being a THOS Awardee…




THOS or The Outstanding Students is a leadership and community service-oriented program that awards selected students from college and high school levels with various recognition for the students' efforts and activities. I was dominated by the Director of Student Affairs. After I passed my nomination form and the Bidbook (or the clearbook full of the support documents of my academic, leadership, and community activities), we were each interviewed. This interview was to determine the top 10 from the pool of college students.

After the interview, the top 10 had been announced and then we were called to take part in the finalist's forum. It involved impromptu-based question-and-answer where we got to explain about our advocacies and the questions were geared toward leadership, community, and social awareness. I was myself. I talked without pretension and I managed to channel in my energy with the positive vibe.

The THOS Awards 2014 actually gave me the jitters, and I seldom feel that. But, with God's help and my perseverance, I succeeded.


No comments:

Post a Comment